Is anyone watching the Tour this year? These guys are amazing! I haven't seen much coverage on TV this year prime time. Must be because there are not a lot of Americans there. The tour is in Stage 5, 144 miles from Cholet to Chateauroux. By the way, if you didn't know there are 21 stages. This is a flat stage so there will be a lot of speed going on. Last year's winner was Alberto Contador. Levi Leipheimer from the USA was third...ever heard of him? Yeah, cycling isn't followed much in the US. This year there are four riders from the US. To give you an idea of how slim they are...Danny Pate (shout out Mom!) from the US is 6'0" and 154 pounds.
If you get a chance to watch any covergae I highly recommend it!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Are you kidding me...It's ALWAYS on at our house!
They are so fearless on those bikes. I can't believe how close the crowd gets to those guys. I secretly like to watch just to see them fall down...I don't think that says anything about me though.
Mom G
Go Christian Vandevelde, our lone American hope!
As amazing as these guys are, Lance Armstrong, who won 7 Tours, said that his first marathon was the hardest thing he had ever done.
Go runners!
Post a Comment