Friday, March 21, 2008

Mickey Mouse Here I Come!


If you read my earlier post on DW you know I have been campaigning to take the whole family plus 1 to Disney World this summer.

WELL, Yesterday I got our confirmations! So Mickey Mouse here I come! We are staying at the Swan/Dolphin hotel which means free transport to and from the park by ferry, monorail, bus. Of course I soon realized all the planning and nonsense this will entail. What am I going to do if one of the kids is airsick? What if I get airsick? (Yes, although I travel somewhat frequently I do get airsick!) How am I going to keep the kids from running around the airport or having meltdowns? Thus the planning begins...checklist already includes the portable DVD player, colors and candy...and maybe advil! Bribing works wonders in tough situations. (Yes I bribe my kids sometimes. If you don't then congratulations on being a super parent and please stop judging me.)

There are so many cool things to do there I am bummed we will only have a short time. DH definitely wants to do the surfing lessons. How fun is that? We took surfing lessons on our honeymoon in Hawaii and it was fantastic. This sounds so much better considering you dont have to worry about getting scratched up by the coral *ouch*. I also already order these nifty FREE custom maps for all the rides I want to hit. There are so many neat things they offer when you are going to DW! I realllly need to schedule a character meal though! yikes - they fill up fast but Sydney keeps telling me how she wants to see Minnie so I've got to figure that out quick.

Tell me your suggestions and what you liked best!

No comments: