Anyone who says "It's too late to start" or "I'm too old" is full of it...and this is proof. I would say the number one asset these ladies have is nothing other than just being consistent. It's mind over matter. So many people let their head get in the way of things they could be doing. Don't talk yourself out of it! Don't let those excuses get in the way. One of the number one barriers I had to starting a triathlon was my fear of being a 'big girl' in spandex next to all these 'really fit' people. If I had not gone ahead and just let that go I would never have found out how much I really enjoy this sport and a way to be more healthy. And you know what? All those 'really fit' people understood how hard it was for someone my size to participate and they all really rallied behind me. Everyone in a race or a practice was unbelievably encouraging. The loudest cheers and the greatest crowd at an Ironman are for the final finisher, not the first. (And eventually that work pays off and you don't have to be the 'big girl' anymore.)
There is always more to accomplish in life, whether it be a new sport, activity, career, spiritual goal, whatever. Don't let your head tell you that you can't do it! Endure to the end my friends.


2 comments:
YAY!! Those old ladies are my favorite. That'll be you and Rebecca and I'll be in the wheel chair either 1) cheering you on, or 2) having you guys pull me behind you. ;)
WOO HOO.. AWESOME!! You are such a great example of setting your mind to do something and accomplishing it.. and I don't see a big in spandex..you rock it pink ninja style!!woo hoo!!!
Post a Comment