Last weekend I headed out to the lake for the weekly swim. It is getting darker and colder in the mornings and evenings, signaling the end of the summer. But the coloring is still pretty! The lake was nice and calm. Love. that.
Here is what my Toyota training group really looks like in the wetsuits (not super fast like the girl in my previous post). Most of us seem to have the same brand/type of wetsuit because they went on sale and we were all in the market at the same time. Coach Chuck said, "Oh I see you guys got a 'buy one, get ten free' deal." ha ha. Funny. Oh wait, we really do look matchy-matchy! (Deighton seriously where is your suit girl??)
In other news...and on to the post title...apparently I need more iron. I know I bruise easy, but this is getting ridiculous! (No Mom, I do not have leukemia or some other disease, just pale sad skin). I have something like ten bruises right now...let's see (WARNING - yucky bruise and scraped knee pics!!). he he. Each one is an ouch!
And they keep going! But I won't bore you with even more pics. Sydney has her own "ouch". My poor girl is soooo clumsy. If there is anything you can fall off of or run into, we try to keep her away from it! Last week she ran smack into a door frame at full-speed and was awarded a huge goose-egg on her forehead. Luckily I can call up my doc-in-training bro to get the low-down on the "is this something you gotta take them in for" information. We talked it over and did a little 'flashlight in the eyes test' and decided she would be ok so we gave her lots of love and ice. Note the band-aid on her head in the pic below of the two kiddos. (p.s. I find it adorable how Tristen hugs her).
In other fun times news, I went to watch a few of my good friends and teammates compete at the Stonebridge Ranch sprint triathlon over the weekend. The 750-meter swim was in a little, man-made lake. To start, the racers jumped off the dock below and swam over to the start line to tread water until the gun.
The swim course took up the whole of the lake. Huh, that looks far. It's hard to even see the turn buoys way out there. Below I marked them with orange arrows that are hard to see.

I was thinking about how far it looked since I have an OWS race in a little more than a week where it is 800 meters and I'm thinking to myself...why did I want to do this? No doubt I can finish it, but I really do not like swimming in the lakes. Blech. Here is the support crew...John, me, Gayle and Cory (one of the racers). I always look like a dork in pictures. Lame.
Also, Auntie Lizzie (my little sis!) moved in with us while she goes back to school to get her Master's degree. Liz is a great house-guest and frequent vacationer with us so it will be fun to have her in the house.

Us on the plane to Utah. Wish I was as cool as Liz.




3 comments:
Jen,you are a crazy bruiser!
I love the wetsuit pic...who is the girl getting baptized? Ha ha
I am so glad that Syd is recovering from the doorjam mishap. It was really a loud thump! It sucks to get hurt...
Love,
Mom G
I am so freakin' proud of you and your bruises! How do you find time to do it all??!!! Please fill me in! You look amazing and Syd is super cute even with an ouchie on her forehead!
Thanks for the shout out! Boo to the pic with the headphones, which my friend says makes me look like Jo from Supernanny. Sorry about breaking your legs. :)
Post a Comment