Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pre-K Graduation

My first-born recently had the first of many 'graduation' ceremonies to come. It cracks me up that you need to have a graduation when you're really not even in school yet, but I found every aspect adorable. It's still fun to watch your kids perform something they have learned. So bring on graduation!

The event had a 'Texas' theme to it and the kids learned all different facts about the state of Texas which they recited on stage.

Tristen's was 'What is the capital of Texas?' Austin! He can also tell you the State small mammal. Seriously, Texas has a state small mammal? Huh.



The school made 'scrapbook pages' for each child and hung them up for everyone to peruse. I thought it was a fun touch.


Graduation hat cupcakes. Fun.


First, the kids sang several Texas songs and recited their Texas facts. Tristen was so busy singing he forgot to clap. He enjoyed being front and center.



In a quick intermission the kids put on their caps and gowns. They were each asked what they liked most about going to their school.




Tristen and Dad


So excited to get 'my paper'!



The kids presented each of their Moms with a 'yellow rose of Texas'. I had to get a picture of that. The kids were so proud to give their Moms a flower.

Tristen did a great job in Pre-K and loves learning new things. We are very proud of him. Love you big boy!

3 comments:

Keri said...

Jen,

Yay! I'm also part of the blog stalking club... so glad you found mine! We actually almost bought a house on the street next to yours but fell in love with an old house that needs some... ahem... tweaking. It's still in the Ward, so it looks like the Primary is in it for the long haul with our little guy! Good luck to them.

I'll have to check up on you guys from time to time. Your blog is great... slideshows too (fancy stuff!)!

Audrey said...

Tristen was so cute just standing there singing; even after the girl next to him nudged him. And I love his smile in the last picture; too cute.
It was great to see them at Steven's party; now we just need to see you guys! :)

Unknown said...

Now this is what I call a graduation! congrats Tristan! love the hat and gown! he was so cute singing! haha! We miss you guys!