Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Using a movie to converse with your family

Yeah, I like movies. And DH likes movies. Yay!


We end up quoting movie lines. More than you can quote and still be reasonably cool. Today I called him to ask if he would pick up the kiddos...quoting ensued.


Me: 'Hey, I think I'm going to go straight to the gym. Do you feel like picking up the kids?'

Him: 'Why don't you just ask me to pick up the kids?'

Me: 'I just did. That's my way of asking. Don't try to change me.'

Him: 'Well, I don't feel like picking them up, but I will if you ask me.'

Me: 'I want you to want to do the dishes.'

Him: Laughing 'Why would I want to do the dishes? Yes, I'll pick them up.'

Me: 'K thx.'

Me: 'Big gulps huh? Well, see you later!'


There are two references in here - both have recently been on network TV. Got a guess? Quoting movies twice in a single five minute conversation might make me definitley lame-o. Or wicked awesome. Don't hate.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ya'll are funny. I got the Dumb and Dumber one but can't figure out what the other one is.

The Sabin Family said...

Farrah

Yay for D&D! My fam could not fiure that one out. The second: I want you to want to do the dishes - from The Breakup with Jen Aniston and Vince Vaughn.

Is your blog fixed? I am not coolio like other peeps and do not have a facebook so I can not see your awesomeness when the site is down!

Unknown said...

AHH! Yes. That is a great line!

I think my blog is fixed. I haven't had any problems lately that I know of.