Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy Belated New Year!

We rang in the new year with a family party and lots of food (anyone see a theme here?) and games.





I love the start of a new year. It feels like you can wipe out all the things you meant to do the previous year and start again! This year I am working on my food storage and cooking better with it. I found some additional material and am reorganizing the information I already have so I can use it better. So if you have any suggestions or want to work on it with me let me know!
I also will be the Sunbeams teacher (for children 3-4 years old) at church for the 3rd year in a row. I love the little kids, but using the same manual every year can get a little, um, boring for me. Plus I don't get to meet many new people. But working with the kids is always so much fun. This year I will have Syd in my class and her first week went fairly well. It's always hard for the little ones to make the transition from having a snack and to sitting (somewhat) still for 45 minutes instead of being able to play with toys. Every year the first few weeks are always spent on learning to sit in their chairs, not talking over one another, and just learning how to be in a class.
What new resolutions are you working on? I love to hear!

1 comment:

Cari said...

Love Sydney's little pink face!