On the way home from swimming tonite, Syd asked me 'When am I going to be a princess?'. DH: 'When you're 18.'
Syd: 'Oh. Mommy when I gonna be a pincesss?'
Me: Cracking up 'When you're 16.'
Syd: 'But I don't hav a cown'
Me: 'Yes. you have a crown in your room'.
Syd:'But I don hav one wight now'.
Did you ever notice how most of the princesses are all 16ish and getting married??? What's the deal with that?
First, consider Sleeping Beauty. On her 16th birthday, Aurora pricks her finger on a spinning needle, falls in love with the prince and dances the night away.
I love Disney, but I cringe when I think these girls are made to be 16!
I think it even says Snow White is 14. I'll have to watch that one again and see if I can clarify that. Wow- I sound a little age obsessed. I guess I just don't want my little gal getting the wrong idea. Of course, I also cringe at those seashells that little mermaid is wearing.


5 comments:
Princess Jasmine is like 22! And she knew what she wanted when she met Aladdin! I love Disney, but really, they are WAY young! especially Ariel, who changed who she was for a dude!
Princess Jasmine is like 22! And she knew what she wanted when she met Aladdin! I love Disney, but really, they are WAY young! especially Ariel, who changed who she was for a dude!
Yay for Jasmine! I do like her character much better. Although she needs some clothes too! ;)
I'm just glad that Steven prefers movies like Cars, Nemo and the Lion King. Every once in awhile he'll watch a princess movie, but I've never really thought of it like that. Just think of what they're teaching our little boys! All you have to do is kiss the girl and she's yours forever! That is, after you save her life from some evil, nasty villain!
No, we didn't get SW passes this year! :( but, you guys should still try to come for a weekend! We can do other things. Steve is done with overnight rotations and he should be home on weekends. Let us know!
Post a Comment