
We are not very formal people so I was looking for something comfortable that wouldn't look too 'worn' too quickly. I like leather but wasn't really interested in a house full of brown leather couches since we already have one. After 6 hours of shopping at all the stores around here I had picked out a few choices.So after DH got home from work, I took him to the first store and showed him the first couch. Brown chenille fabric with blue print accent pillows. His first response? "Are you serious? These are awful." Can you believe that?? I'm telling you he has no taste! Apparently he really wanted leather. And he hates blue. So we look at some additional couches. No dice I say. Off to store number two where my favorite couch was - and its leather.
The first time he sat down he wasn't really liking it all that much - but then he sat in the big chair and came around. So we bought them right there. So now I do have two sets of brown leather couches but in different shades and different styles. Oh well! Yay! I am so excited. I can't wait for them to arrive. But apparently I learned we have VERY different taste. I'm not sure how we picked all our other furniture so easily. This is the third set of couches we have purchased and the first two sets were a breeze!
Madre also found something she liked - and this weekend she went out and bought her first new couch in twenty years! It was one that I liked too and was on my short list so I'm glad to be able to sit on it too. So it was a good weekend for buying couches apparently. ;)

Now I need to find tables...


2 comments:
good picks Jen & mom Gibbons! I love the couchm that Karen picked, I would have picked that one too! Jen, those couches look so classy! very nice. I have decided that my style is "Transitional" meaning, traditional w/ modern. Steve tells me that he's all up for modern as long as I don't buy couches that looked like they were made our of concrete! LOL! anyway, love your pick, can't wait to see pictures of your room!
Yea for couches! I still have the old one in the living room until Sat....My house is very FULL of furniture!!!
Mom G
Post a Comment